Wednesday 8 December 2010

Cloud Power


The project was about illustrating for New Scientist, for one of two articles. This one is about harvesting power from clouds by forcing condensation with lasers. I'm not sure how much it is in the New Scientist style, but I like the image. I'm enjoying working with colour now, although I don't find it any easier.

Below is a working page from the sketchbook, seeing as I rarely show process with finished work. After speaking with the tutors, I realised that filling the image with too many elements would lead to confusion. I was advised to go with very simple flats, but it felt alien and unenjoyable to me, so I went somewhere in between my original idea and the advice. Flats like this:




As per usual, the bulk of my physical materials were inks, and in this case I took it into Photoshop to comp and colour.

0 comments:

Post a Comment